PROTOCOLS FOR SAFETY OF STAFF AND GUESTS
SECRET VALLEY GOLF RESORT
11th May, 2020
COMMITMENT TO SAFETY AND REDUCING THE RISKS OF COVID – 19:
The re-opening of Secret Valley Golf Resort and its facilities will be carried out in a responsible manner, based on information and advice received by both Troon Golf, the Cyprus Government and Cyprus Golf Federation with our priority being the health and safety of our members, guests and staff.
All members are requested to respect the following protocols and to support our commitment to the safety of everyone playing golf at Secret Valley Golf Resort.
If you have symptoms of the virus, or have a family member with symptoms of the virus, we request that you delay playing golf at this time.
GOLF COURSE AND GOLF FACILITIES:
- Re-opening Wednesday, 13th May 2020
- Opening Hours: 7.45am – 17:00 pm.
- 18 holes will be available, walking only
- Only 2 persons in addition to Secret Valley Golf Resort staff are allowed in the Golf shop at one time.
- Golf shop reception will be open only for bookings, check-in and payment for hire trolleys.
- The Club House, including locker and change rooms will be closed until further notice.
- The Troon Golf Academy Driving will remain closed.
- The practice putting green located near to the 1st tee will be open for use.
- On course toilet facilities limited to those located at the half way house.
- On course vending machines will remain closed.
- Restaurant and half way house will remain closed.
BOOKING A TEE TIME:
- Tee times available to members only until further notice.
- Until further notice, first tee off time 8.00am. Last tee off time 2.00pm.
- Until further notice, tee times at 15-minute intervals.
- Max players/ tee time: 2 players.
- Only 2 ball groupings allowed.
- Members must bring their own golfing equipment and take home with them upon completion of their round.
- Members who currently have their golfing equipment stored in either change rooms or bag storage area, may collect by arrangement with Secret Valley Golf Resort Staff prior to their first tee time.
- Only one tee time booking per player will be accepted in advance of a playing round.
- Under no circumstances, will a member be entitled to play without a booked tee time.
Bookings can be made via:
Email, [email protected] from midday Sunday 10th May.
Phone from 8.30 – 2.30 Monday and Tuesday 11th and 12th May and from 7.30 -2.30 seven days per week thereafter on 26247000
In Person at the Golf Shop. After completion of each round, member will be able to book the next round.
Our bookings staff will endeavour to allocate tee times as requested by members. However, we request members understanding, given the current constraints of 2 ball and restricted tee times, and the expected high demand for playing times, that not all requests will be able to be met. We are focused on ensuring that as many members as require tee times are provided with such.
- Members are requested to arrive 20 minutes prior to booked tee time- not earlier, and are requested not to congregate with other players waiting to check in or tee off.
- Members are requested to change shoes and prepare for round in the car parking areas.
- Upon arrival at the caddie master desk, the temperature of each golfer will be measured by a staff member of Secret Valley Golf Resort, which reserves the right to advise golfers they may not play if they do not meet the standard test parameters.
- Check in will be carried out at the Golf shop reception or at the Caddie Master desk.
- No cash transactions will be accepted until further notice
- Members are requested to use their own trolleys wherever possible.
- Trolleys will be available for hire upon request.
- No buggies will be available until further notice.
- Golf bag storage will not be available until further notice.
- Water will not be distributed. It is recommended that players bring their own refreshment.
- No ball washers, no rakes, no benches will be available on the golf course.
- No competitive golf.
- EDS cards may not be submitted.
- If your ball comes to rest in a “bad lie” in a bunker, members are requested to place the ball in the bunker in a better lie. Please attempt to use the back of your club to rake out your footprints. This will aid other golfers and our course maintenance team during the daily set up of the course.
- Do not touch or remove the flagsticks during play. A retainer will be in each hole to make it easier to retrieve your golf ball without the need to touch flagsticks
- One tee marker (YELLOW and RED) will be placed on each tee designating the teeing ground.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY RECOMMENDATION:
- No physical contact is expected between members and or staff while at Secret Valley Golf Resort. This includes taking of selfies with your playing partner.
- Forming of groups larger than 2 persons while at Secret Valley Golf Resort is forbidden! During check-in, while teeing off please adhere strictly to the minimum required distance between persons of 2 meters. Please comply with all social other distancing recommendations published by Government protocols and advice notices.
- Masks and gloves are recommended when in closed spaces such as the Golf Shop.
- Please do not exchange or use your playing partners golf clubs, tees or golf balls.
- We ask that hands are washed and sanitised frequently whilst at Secret Valley Golf Resort and we recommend members bring their own hand gel or disinfectant.
- Should any member be observed to breach playing and safety protocols, they will be requested to leave immediately.
Common sense and respect for the health of other players, staff and families should be in the minds of all while playing at Secret Valley Golf Resort.
Upon arriving for your confirmed tee time at Secret Valley Golf Resort during the period of the Covid-19 outbreak, you agree that your entering of the golf facilities is at your own risk, and agree to adhere to all restrictions mentioned below as well as any further information that is given verbally to you on site by Secret Valley Golf Resort staff.
Management reserves the right to amend the above at its discretion and will advise of any changes to the above protocols as soon as we are able to do so.
We look forward to seeing you again soon at Secret Valley Golf Resort.